KeepTruckin ELD Device is one of the best eld devices on the market, not only because of its low price, but also because of its features. Keep Truckin electronic logbook is one of our best reviews and very well rated.
ELD technology has been continuously developed in recent years. This is why they are equipped with many electronic device options. Systems and ELDs are designed to improve driving style and provide more accurate recordings.
Our Keep Truckin ELD reviews rate this unit 9 out of 10.
During this review, you will find that KeepTruckin is one of the most popular ELD vehicles in the trucking industry from various fleets and owners.
What Do We Know About KeepTruckin ELD Provider?
KeepTruckin is very popular with drivers, truck owners and fleet managers, but it is a young company based in San Francisco.
KeepTruckin was founded in 2013. The first product was a free electronic logbook application for drivers that could be used by fleets for tracking. The company then developed hardware and software that complies with the ELD standard and recently added a Smart Dashcam option that records safety-critical events.
Since its inception, the supplier has offered some of the best ECD mandate solutions for commercial fleets and owner-operators.
In order to appropriately serve the trucking industry, KeepTruckin offers real-time truck equipment tracking, fleet management and cloud compliance.
The solution is currently used by more than 250,000 commercial vehicles, at least 1,000,000 drivers and about 50,000 car rental companies. This growing popularity can be attributed to its affordability and effectiveness.
Features of the KeepTruckin ELD Device
- Messaging Service
- Audit of Logs
- Tax Reporting of the Fuels
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Driver’s Scorecards
- Integrated GPS location to locate the vehicle
- The Time Tracking software automatically follows the drivers’ timing.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for connection to smartphones
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones
Advantages of KeepTruckin ELD
This product offers even more benefits to drivers and fleet managers, among them are:
- Record collision videos to see what really happened.
- Helps to reduce your insurance policy
- Improves fleet safety
- Improves the safety, compliance and accountability of your fleet.
- Helps you identify and manage the behaviour of high-risk drivers.
What Makes KeepTruckin So Great?
Every carrier and driver have different needs, but we have found that KeepTruckin does most things right.
1. Intuitive and Easy to Use
The KeepTruckin ELD solution is by far the easiest to use. The KeepTruckin application is very similar to the paper protocols that the driver already knows.
In addition, the KeepTruckin dashboard for fleets is very clearly designed. All the important options are clearly arranged in the left sidebar, and the dashboard itself presents all the necessary information in a clear and concise manner. There is also a Plug-n-Play system that is ready in just 5 minutes.
In short, the learning curve is very low, especially when compared to other ELD systems available on the market.
Although KeepTruckin is considered by many to be one of the best ELD solutions, it is much cheaper than most ELD companies.
While others charge hundreds of dollars for an ELD, the KeepTruckin ELD starts at only $20 per month at no extra cost. Considering all the costs associated with purchasing ELDs, we found KeepTruckin to be the most cost-effective way to comply.
3. Fantastic Customer Support
Reliable customer service is a must for all types of companies, especially freight forwarders.
KeepTruckin currently offers users three ways to access support: phone, email and social media.
If you need immediate assistance, you can contact the account manager by phone. E-mail and social media, on the other hand, are useful for raising more complex issues.
The support is very effective and actively listens to customer suggestions and comments.
How Much Does KeepTruckin ELD Cost?
Keeptruckin helps you find the right solution for your fleet. Your service is used by more than 500,000 drivers and 50,000 fleets across the country. Keeptruckin offers three different plans:
The free plan includes electronic logs, vehicle inspections and messaging. The startup plan costs only $20/month and includes everything included in the free plan plus ELD compliance, GPS tracking and notifications. The Plus plan costs only $30/month (the most popular Keeptruckin plan) and includes everything included in the start-up plan plus the IFTA fuel tax report, asset tracking, vehicle use, vehicle diagnostics, fleet safety and coaching.
These rates apply to annual plans that may be required if you need 30 units or less. If you only own one truck, the cost for the first year is only $240 for an annual contract. This is 2.6 times less than Fleetmatics, which would cost $612 and a three-year contract in the first year. It is also 5.5 times less than Omnitracs, which has a 5-year contract and an acquisition cost of $1,323 for the first year. This includes a cost of $799 for hardware and $249 for implementation.
This makes Keeptruckin more affordable than any other advanced ELD device.
Is KeepTruckin Right for my Business?
Choosing a Dash Cam supplier for your fleet depends on many factors. These include the size of your fleet, the size of your budget and the type of reports you need for your business. Below are answers to some common questions or concerns when choosing a Dash Cam supplier.
“I want to see the videos of the incidents immediately.”
The Smart Dashcam has plug-and-play functionality, which means that HD movies are automatically recorded and immediately downloaded to the KeepTruckin dashboard when the Dash Cam is turned on.
“I have an old version of KeepTruckin ELD.”
When you purchase the new KeepTruckin Smart Dashcam, the company updates your ELD system free of charge with the new Cellular ELD (LBB3ca). This means that if you are already a KeepTruckin ELD customer, you will not need to spend any extra money to update your ELD.
“I want a double-sided camera.”
Unfortunately, KeepTruckin currently only sells a Smart Dashcam at term. However, the company plans to launch a double-sided dashboard cam in the near future.
The KeepTruckin application is intuitive and easy to use. It has a Department of Transport (DOT) inspection mode that allows law enforcement officers to view the history of the protocol. You can also send reports by email or fax from the application.
- The application has a modern and easy-to-use back-office system. The system includes: Messaging, GPS tracking and HOS compliance overview.
- Reports on the RIAS and some basic HOS are included, although the advanced report applies to the higher level of service plan, which has an additional $15 per month from the price of the KeepTruckin ELD.
- Like all other BYOD providers, KeepTruckin ELD Reviews offers the basic features and the ability to comply with ELD standards without leaving the bank.
- KeepTruckin stands out from many competitors by adding more telematics features and upgrading them to the same level as some more expensive systems.
- KeepTruckin ELD has distinguished itself by being among the first to fully meet ELD requirements. Most devices remain AOBRD until their software meets ELD standards. Large suppliers should fully comply with the Directive’s mandate before the deadline, but it is important to note that KeepTruckin is already at this stage.